This session will look at troublesome issues in relation to planning and drafting wills
- Avoiding misunderstandings
- Looking at options: what is and isn’t feasible
- Achieving a fair result
- Legacy or share of residue?
- Reduced rate of IHT: implications and formula clauses
- Look at previous wills
- Document reasons for dispositions
- Document your assessment of testamentary capacity
- When is a medical report advisable?
Have a question? If you have any comments or feedback around this content, please get in touch
For more information on Remember A Charity, visit their partner profile by clicking the logo to the side of this video.
Your CPD Certificate can be found in your Account.
Professor Lesley King
Professional Development Consultant • University of Law
Author of Wills, Taxation and Administration: A Practical Guide; A Modern Approach to Wills, Administration and Estate Planning (with Precedents); A Modern Approach to Lifetime Tax Planning for Private Clients (with Precedents); A Practitioner’s Guide to Wills; Varying the Disposition of an Estate after Death; Wills: A Practical Guide; and editor of The Probate Practitioner’s Handbook.
© 2021 All rights reserved For Media Group Registered in England No. 13063455 VAT Registration Number GB367031995